DSC has a position for a Warehouse Manager at a leading supplier of entrance mats, stairs nosing & tactiles. Due to continued growth our client is looking for a reliable, hardworking full time Warehouse Manager & Customer Service representative to join their manufacturing team based in Melrose Park Sydney.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will take ownership of the day to day warehouse & production function. Facilitating the smooth operation of a fast moving warehouse & manufacturing environment, ensuring targets & objectives are met to meet customer requirements.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with customers (internal & external), suppliers & transport companies.
- Plan, coordinate & monitor the receipt, storage & dispatch of goods within the warehouse.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example, motivating your team so that each member meets required health & safety, quality & production requirements.
- Plan & actively oversee team & shift activities by allocation of team members’ duties to meet weekly/daily schedules.
- Ensure high standards of warehouse cleanliness are maintained.
- Supervise, develop & allocate duties to factory staff involving the receipt, storage & distribution of inventory.
- Monitor the movement of stock to ensure physical stock is in line with warehouse management systems to prevent/limit shortages.
- Maintain concise records in ERP, ensuring accurate completion of documentation for incoming/outgoing goods & escalate shortage issues to the relevant department.
- Maintain DIFOT standards to ensure delivery of products to customers on time, every time using appropriate methods.
- Support Operations Manager in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Train, coach, counsel & mentor staff.
Key Attributes Required:
- Experienced & capable leader(suggest5+ years in leadership role)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with warehousing & manufacturing best practice.
- Experience with Aluminium fabrication would be good but not essential.
- Ability to take the practical lead in change management process
- Strong team focus & excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Solutions focused with good problem solving skills
- Sound computer skills & warehouse management software
- Effective English reading, speaking, writing & communication skills
- Strong work ethic & hands on approach
Please send your resume via the online application. If you require further information please call our Rydalmere Branch on 0296387666